When you try to copy the Companies/Business Residence in the Valuation tab of any Material, Cost Rate is copied to the new row instead the value is reset to Zero (0).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Edit a Material and go to Valuation tab.
- Highlight a row with Companies/Business Residence.
- Select Copy button and choose the relevant pop-up in the subsequent screen
- Highlight the new row, where the Cost Rate for the specific Set of Books is Zero.
As the inventory cost is not mandatory this is not included in copy. This is indeed general system behavior.
But you can consider using the Microsoft Excel Upload in the Edit Unit Costs for Materials. Below are the steps to mass upload of the Inventory Cost Data:
- Go To Inventory Valuation work center.
- Select Material Unit Costs view.
- Select Import Unit Costs button and choose From Microsoft Excel option.
- An empty excel sheet will open.
- Please fill all the relevant data and Upload the data.
This will then be updated for the Materials that are mentioned.
Note: You should have the Microsoft Excel Add-in installed to use the above functionality.
When you don't want to use the above option then please do the following
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Select Edit Unit Costs under Common Tasks.
- Provide a Valid From date, Cost Type (In our case Inventory Cost), Material ID, Business Residence ID, New Cost, Current Cost and New Cost Unit.
- Select Save and Close button.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement