The Error Message 'Invoice request XYZ item ABC not possible; reference document inconsistent is triggered'. (XYZ represents the identification of an invoice request such as an Outbound Delivery and ABC represents the identification of a line item).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center
- Go to the Items to be Invoiced or Invoice Request view
- Select the invoice request XYZ.
- Select Follow up Invoice - Simple Creation.
The following error message is triggered :'Invoice request XYZ item ABC not possible; reference document inconsistent'.
Inconsistencies can be triggered for different reasons:
- Tax calculation is not applied correctly.
- Inconsistent Master Data for the Customer Account.
- Payment Terms are not set up correctly in Business Configuration.
The redetermination should be done on the Sales Order Invoice Request.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Request view.
- In the Search field, enter the Sales Order DEF (DEF represents the identification of the the sales order for the Invoice Request XYZ).
- Select the Sales Order Invoice Request which is inconsistent.
- Select Check. This displays the Identified Issues screen.
- Select Redetermine or Redetermine All if there is many items.
- Go back to the Invoice Request view.
- Select Invoice request XYZ to be invoiced.
- Click on the Invoice or Invoice - Advanced button to proceed with the invoicing.
Customer Invoice, inconsistent, , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To