The Error Message 'Invoice request XYZ item ABC not possible; reference document inconsistent is triggered'. (XYZ represents the identification of an invoice request such as an Outbound Delivery and ABC represents the identification of a line item).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center
- Go to the Items to be Invoiced or Invoice Request view
- Select the invoice request XYZ.
- Select Follow up Invoice - Simple Creation.
The following error message is triggered :'Invoice request XYZ item ABC not possible; reference document inconsistent'.
Inconsistencies can be triggered for different reasons:
- Tax calculation is not applied correctly.
- Inconsistent Master Data for the Customer Account.
- Payment Terms are not set up correctly in Business Configuration.
The redetermination should be done on the Sales Order Invoice Request or any related preceding invoice documents, such as Customer Contract Invoice Request:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Request view.
- In the Search field, enter the Sales Order DEF (DEF represents the identification of the the sales order for the Invoice Request XYZ).
- Select the Sales Order Invoice Request which is inconsistent.
- Select Check. This displays the Identified Issues screen.
- Select Redetermine or Redetermine All if there is many items.
- Go back to the Invoice Request view.
- Select Invoice request XYZ to be invoiced.
- Click on the Invoice or Invoice - Advanced button to proceed with the invoicing.
Customer Invoice, inconsistent, Customer invoice request Sales Order Invocie request, customer contract Invoice request, scheduled invoice request; Demande facture , poste impossible ; document référence incohérent., demande de facture plannifiée, contrat, incohérente, statut, status, incohérent , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To