- WebI reports, which are based on universe connections to SAP BW, fail with the error, "Database error: The operation could not be performed because the connection is closed. (IES 10901)."
- The following message may also be found in Connection Server trace logs: OLAP API: Unhandled exception type caught in method ConnectionImpl::open( )
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Enable Secure Network Connection [SNC] within the SAP Authentication plug-in configuration.
- Create a Web Intelligence report that uses a universe connection to SAP BW.
- Open and refresh the report multiple times. Intermittently, the error will occur.
- This issue was identified as a product defect and tracked as ADAPT01645244.
This issue is resolved within the following codestreams (and newer):
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0, Patch 2.21
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0, Patch 4.3
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0, Support Package 05
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Bug Filed
SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008