- No List of Values (LOV)
- Empty List of Values box in Crystal Reports.
- Dynamic Parameter List of Values blank when viewing a report in Crystal Reports.
- In Crystal Reports, dynamic prompt has no drop-down menu and no values to select from.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report with dynamic parameters.
- Refresh the report.
- Notice there are no values in the prompt for the dynamic parameter List of Values (LOV)
- Dynamic List of Values of a parameter, for a report saved to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform is evaluated on the SAP BI Server.
- The List Of Values (LOV) communication from the SAP BI server is blocked by firewall on the client machine.
- If not specified, the SAP BusinessObejcts Business Intelligence Platform server, randomly selects the port number for communication, which is blocked by the client firewall.
- Note: The above is one of the many reasons a list of values is empty. For other reasons and solutions, see SAP Knowledge Base Article 1856647
- Since this random port number assignment does not work within the strictly defined rules created for firewalls, the server must be assigned a permanent port to communicate with the Crystal Reports client using the switch: -requestport
- The switch must be added to the following servers:
- Crystal Reports Processing Server,
- Crystal Reports Cache Server,
- List Of Values Job Server.
- Below are the general steps on how to add the switch -requestport to the servers:
- On the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Business Intelligence Server, go to Central Configuration Manager and select: Manage Servers
- Right-click the server you would like to modify and from the submenu, click 'Stop'.
- To edit the server properties, double-click the server you stopped.
- On the 'Properties' tab, scroll to the end of the 'Command' field and add the following switch:
"-requestport xxxx" (without the double quotes) where xxxx is the port number you would like to use for communication.
- Click 'OK' to accept the change.
- Right-click the server and from the submenu click, select 'Start'
- Repeat steps one through six for each server.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03