After allocating payments to open receivables the Open Amount of the payment allocation is 0,00. However, when trying to post the payment allocation you retrieve the error message:
Absolute value of assigned amount too high.
Reproducing the Issue
You can access the relevant payment allocation via:
- Work Center: Payment Management.
- Navigate to View: Payment Allocations.
- Select and edit the relevant payment allocation.
- or via the posted bank statement.
- Work Center: Liquidity Management.
- View: Bank Statements.
- Navigate to the relevant bank statement and edit.
- Follow the link Postprocessing required to access the relevant payment allocation.
For at least one receivable (e.g.: customer invoice) the Applied Net Amount exceeds the Open Amount and thereby the Cleared Amount.
Make sure that the Applied Amount for a receivable document does not exceed its open amount. Problematic payment allocations can be identified by a negative Remaining Balance for receivables in the payment allocation grid in tab Customers/Suppliers. (The same applies for positive Remaining Balances for payables).
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To