Error messages appear on the user interface while creating opportunities with the service products of type Travel and Expenses:
- Service and item type do not correspond. Please make sure that you did not define any service in your service master data with an item type group for expenses or vice versa.
- Service with expense indicators is not eligible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the New Business work center.
- Go to the Opportunity view and select the Opportunity List subview.
- Search for the opportunity XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the opportunity).
- Click the Edit button of the Opportunity and clcik on the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Error messages appear on the user interface:
- Service product and item type code do not match. Check your service master data to ensure that you have not defined a service product with an item category group for expenses, or vice versa.
- Service product with expense indicator not allowed.
- Go to the Sales Activities tab and check your open activities.
Opportunities would basically include the items which are meant for sales and also used incase of forecasting. Hence it would not make proper use case to include an expense type of an item in the opportunity. Ideally expense type of projects are used during the billing hence it
is supported in Sales Quote and Sales Order.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-LP , Lead Processing , How To