You receive an error Highlighted date must remain in calendar year XXXX while posting a Manual Tax Entry.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center.
- Select Sales and Use Tax Entries sub view under Manual Tax Entries view.
- Select the particular Manual Tax Entry and click Edit.
- Select the mentioned Posting Date and click Check.
- Error appears Highlighted date must remain in calendar year YYYY.
The tax entry ID number is generated from the beginning for every year. The first number is 5000000000. A number once used for an entry, cannot be used for another entry in the same year. You have created a new document in the current year and this document is the first document of the current year. When you change the date of this document to previous year, a check is made to see if the same ID number is used in that year. Since this ID number is already allotted to the first entry of previous year, this error message is returned.
You should directly create a new entry for a date in previous year and then press save. That creates a relevant ID number and the entry can be posted.
KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To