How the Business Configuration scoping influence the calculation of Freight in a sales document.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and search for the Sales Order ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Click the Edit button.
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Pricing tab.
- The calculation of Freight amount is not as per your expectation.
Business Configuration scoping influence the calculation of freight in a sales document. You have to answer the scoping questions as per your requirement.
This changes depend on the scoping question. But in this case, the freight that is available in the Configure Price Strategy screen is the item level Freight. This cannot be made to Fixed Amount.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Project and choose Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the 4th step - Questions.
- Expand Products and Service Pricing under General Business Data option.
- Select the Sales Price Specifications option.
- You will find two questions for Freight in this section:
- Do you calculate freight amount based on net weight?
- Do you bill a fixed freight per order?
If both questions are selected as No then no freight will be calculated in the system. Here you need to answer the scoping questions based upon your requirement.
Also go through the SAP ByDesign Help Center documentation Pricing Procedures for more details.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To