- Font size shrinks.
- When exporting a report the font size is reduced, is it possible to change this?
- By default when exporting to RTF format from Crystal Reports, the font size is reduced by 0.5 to avoid text truncation, but sometimes it is required to preserve or even change the font size. Is there a way to control it when exporting to RTF format?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report with at least one text object or a database field.
- Export the report to Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Compare font size in Crystal Reports and in the exported document, and notice the font size is reduced by 0.5
- By design, font size is reduced to avoid truncating the text when exporting the report to RTF and MS Word format.
- To control the font size when exporting a report to MS Words, or Rich Text Format (RTF), add the registry key: ReduceFontSizeBy, and set the value to zero.
WARNING - The following resolution involves editing the Registry. Using the MS Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the MS Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry before editing it. For more information, refer to the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Close Crystal Reports.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor (regedit)
- Navigate to the following path correponsing to your version of Crystal Reports:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\\Export\RTF
- For Crystal Reports 2011. 2013, 2016:
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export\RTF
- Note: For 64bit Operating System, the path will be the same as above expect it will be in the Wow6432Node, like:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\RTF
- If the value set to 0,the exporter will not reduce the font size when exporting to Word or RTF.
- If it’s set to a positive number ,the export will reduce the font size by the number specified when exporting to Word or RTF.
RTF, Word, export, reduce, shrink, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016