You are not able to create a new change project out of a change test system, the New button is grey-out.
You have requested a Test tenant in place of Production tenant. Hence, you cannot close First Implementation project which is in tested phase.
Now, your requirement is to create a new Change Project with this Test Tenant.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Click on the New button.
New Button is grey-out.
This tenant is customer Test Tenant, hence you are not able to close the First Implementation Project to start a new Change Project.
This is the system standard behavior, you cannot create a new change project out of a change test system.
It is also not possible to change your Test Tenant to Production Tenant. You have following options:
a. Terminate your current Test Tenant and create a new Productive Tenant . Or
b. As you have purchased an additional Test Tenant so no need to terminate any Test Tenant and trigger a new Productive Tenant creation from your Service Control Center workcenter.
To edit an Activity:
1. In the Productive system, Go to Overview view of Business Configuration work center, search and highlight the Activity. Select Change Immediately button and perform the required changes. Some activities can be changed only using change Project.
2. If you want to test the changes before deploying it into the Productive system then, create a new change project in productive system and add this activity. Use "Copy Solution profile" to move the change Project from Productive to Test system. Perform the change, test it and merge the Change project back to productive system.
To Change the scoping:
Scoping can be changed only using Change Project after Go-Live.
The Sequence to Test a scoping or fine tuning with the help of Test System is as follows:
1. Create a Change Project in your Productive System.
2. Add the Fine tuning activity into the change Project.
3. Go to Service Control center work center.
4. Systems view.
5. Select the Productive System and select Copy Solution Profile button.
6. Select the new change project for Source Solution Profile ID.
7. Select your test system (where you wants to check the functionality) as Target System
8. Now, login to the respective test system.
9. Test the scoping and fine tuning.
10. Later, Merge it with your productive system or you can cancel the Change project as per your requirement.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To