You are creating a Sales Order and assigning Employee Responsible (Account) in the Sales Order. But the Private Address maintained in the Account is not picked up in the Sales Order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order work center.
- Select New Sales Order under Common Tasks.
- Assign Employee Responsible XYZ.
How the Account XYZ was created?
1. Create an Account (private by default) from a Business Partner which has the role Employee.
2. Edit the Account and try to add the Address.
It is read-only and not able to add the Address. Because, of this Sales Order is not picking the Address.
This functionality is not available in the current release of Business ByDesign.
For Employees that also shall be used as Private Accounts in the system there is no functionality to release the Employee Private Address for usage in processes like creation of Sales Orders.
You may consider the below workaround:
Please maintain the Address in the Business Partner XYZ. This will automatically updated into the Account, then you can able to create Sales Order with the Account. The detailed steps are as follows,
Step 1: (Update New Address in Business Partner)
1. Go to Business Partner Data work center.
2. Select Business Partners view.
3. Highlight the Business Partner XYZ.
4. Select Edit button and choose Addresses option.
5. Select Add Row button and now you can able to add new address to the Business Partner. Ensure that Main is checked.
6. Select Save button.
Step 2: (Verify the New Address in Account)
7. Now, open the Account XYZ and go to Addresses tab.
8. Here, you can find the new address and you can able to Edit/update the Address.
Step 3: (Try creating New Sales Order)
9. Now, try to create Sales Order with the Account XYZ.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , Product Enhancement