In your customer return, the ship-to party address is not copied from the referenced sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- Go to the Returns view.
- Edit Return XYZ (XYZ represents the identification of the customer return).
- Go to View All.
- Select the Involved Parties tab
The Ship-to party address is not the one expected as you have maintained a document address in the sales order.
The Ship-to party in a customer return is determined according to the following rules :
Step 1: Business partner relationship of the Account
Step 2: Copied from Account
In case you want to change the ship-to party address manually in your customer return, you would be able to do so only if the status of the inbound delivery is set to not Finished.
- Go to the Inbound logistic work center.
- Go to the Inbound deliveries view.
- Select inbound delivery ABC (ABC is the inbound delivery for customer return XYZ).
- Select Undo Release.
You can now maintained a ship-to party address in the customer return.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To