You cannot change the Default approval process for a document because the Edit button is grayed out.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Select the Activities & find for suppose Purchase Order Approvals.
- Press View button.
- Select the Default approval process for Purchase Order.
- You can see here that it is not possible to select Edit because the button is grayed out.
Validity of Exiting Default approval process for Purchase Order cannot be changed because it allows the key user to track past approval definitions.
You can update the existing process by delimiting the validity with new process using Copy button.
1. Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
2. Go to the Overview View.
3. Find the Activity Purchase Order Approvals.
4. Press View button.
5. Once the screen opens press Copy button.
6. Enter the new Process Name, Define Conditions etc.. as per your choice & Save.
After this new Purchase Order Approval Process will be saved in Draft.
8. Repeat step 3 & 4 again.
9. Now again search the newly save process in All Processes query.
You will find the newly created process.
10. Now select the new process and press Edit Validity.
11. You will get the existing Active process and newly created process.
12. In the Old process remove the Unlimited Validity check box and update Validity To date.
13. In the new process Update the Valid From Date (similar to the Validity To date of old process) and select Unlimited Validity.
Now once the defined start date/time will come, new process will become enabled automatically.
Note: This case documents is applicable for all documenst which has Multistep approvals.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To