When you try to upload the XML file which contains a custom report via Key User Analytic tool, you might get an error.
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics Work Center
- Go to the View Common Tasks and then
- Go to sub view Upload/Download
- Go to Upload tab
- Click on Upload Object and select the XML file.
- After saving it, you may face an error message lik 'Unexpected Error' or 'Data type of data source field XYZ is not available'.
This import error is due to the content incompatibility in your XML model file. The template file contains customer or partner created Extension fields, which are not supported by the standard Key User Analytics tool.
Upload is failing as the referenced extension fields ( Partner/KUA) present in source system is not present in target system.
- Key User Analytics extension fields: A page download/upload should be done from source system to target system first. This will ensure that extension fields are created in target system with same IDs as in source system. After that, KUA report/data source upload to target system should work fine. Just make sure that these extension fields are not disturbed(removal and adding again) in target system after page upload.
- Partner extension fields: PDI solution download/upload should be done from source system to target system first via PDI studio. After that, KUA report/data source upload to target system should work fine.
In order to figure out if there is one or more extension field in the content for the customer file model, it is necessary to open the XML code and seek the following term:
For further details also refer to the byD Documentation available in the Help Center by searching the term: Upload and Download an Object
report, data source, upload, download, common tasks, data type of data source field not available , KBA , data type of data source field , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To