- Empty List of values.
- Dynamic parameter displays no values.
- When refreshing a report in Crystal Reports, the dynamic parameters have no List of Values.
- The same reports used to display List of Values for the parameters in Crystal Reports before applying an update or migrating the reports.
- When verifying the Data Connection, in the Business View Manager, it fails with incorrect logon, despite the database credentials is correct.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011 with Support Pack 04 and higher
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 with Support Pack 04 and higher
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business View Manager, login to the BusinessObjects Enterprise repository using the user: Administrator
- Create a Data Connection to any data source.
- Set Data Connection to not prompt for database credentials, and hard code the user name and password for the database.
- Create a Data Foundation, Data Element, Business View, and List of Values off the Data Connection created.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Log to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository using a user other than the Administrator.
- Create a Dynamic Parameter using the List of Values created in previous steps.
- Refresh the report.
- Notice the dynamic parameter list of values is empty.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01675048.
- This is a regression issue that occurs in Crystal Reports 2011 with Support Pack 04 and higher with all users, except the Administrator, because no other user can decrypt the database password stored in the Data Connection, and therefore causes the login to the data source to fail.
- The issue is resolved in the following product update of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0, and in Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 04 with Patch 4.9
- Support Pack 06 and above
- If you cannot apply the product update in which the issue is resolved, then a possible workaround is to schedule the List of Values in the Business View Manager using the Administrator account:
- Open the Business View Manager.
- Login to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository using the Administrator account.
- In the "Repository Explorer", right click on the list of values to schedule, and select "Schedule List of Values..."
- Schedule the list of values: Monthly, Weekly, Daily, Hourly,... depending on how often the data change.
No LOV, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2001 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03