The List price is not determined by the system in a sales order for a product even though the product has been maintained in a Base Price List by Product Category.
Following error occurs: Item XX: Mandatory List Price missing for the price calculation.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- In the Common Tasks select New Sales Order.
- Enter the respective data such as account, employee responsible, sales unit etc..
- In the Item section add product ABC (ABC represents the ID of the item).
The following error occurs: Item XX: Mandatory List Price missing for the price calculation.
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Pricing view and the Price Lists sub view.
- In the Show field select the price list type Base Price List by Product Category.
- Open price list PLPC (PLPC represents the name of the price list).
- Price list PLPC has been set up for Product Category ID 1000 (1000 represents the product category ID of the price list).
- The Valid From/To dates of the price list are also in the time range as the posting date of the sales order.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
You can see that the product ABC has been maintained in price list PLPC and the price list has been released.
- In the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Products view.
- Open Product ABC.
- The Product Category for product ABC is 1001 (1001 represents the product category ID of the product).
- Select the Product Categories view.
- Expand product category 1000.
You can see that product category 1001 is a sub node of the product category 1000.
The product is assigned to product category 1001 but the Base Price List by Product Category has been created for product category 1000. Multi-level hierarchy structures for product categories is not supported for the price determination. Therefore, the price for the product which has been maintained in the Base Price List by Product Category is not determined by the system in the sales order since the product category of the product is a sub category of the product category for which the price list has been created.
You have to create a Base Price List by Product Category with the same product category which has been maintained for the product. The price will the be correctly determined in the sales order by the system.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To