- Crystal Reports check for product update every time it is open.
- The option "Check for Update on Start Up..." is checked in Crystal Reports 2011, even if this option was set to be disabled.
- Even after checking the option "Disable Web Update Service" during the installation of Crystal Reports 2011, it still check for product update every time you start Crystal Reports.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Crystal Reports 2011
- In the "Choose Install Type" window, select "Custom", and click "Next"
- In the “Web Update Service Option” window, check the option: “Disable Web Update Service”, and click “Next”
- Complete the installation process of Crystal Reports 2011.
- Open Crystal Reports 2011, and it will still check for the latest product update, and the option to check for update on start up is checked, when the expectation will be for the option to be unavailable or unchecked.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01674370.
- From Support Pack 07 of Crystal Reports 2011, the option to check for updates has been set by default to be disabled, and it has been removed from the installation, therefore, it will no longer be causing the issue.
- Note that the option to enable to check for update on startup can either be set manually by each user in Crystal Reports by selecting :check for Updates on Start Up" under the "Help" menu, or by modifying the registry key: DisableCheckForUpdates.
- For more information on the registry key: DisableCheckForUpdates, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1218377.
CR DisableWebUpdateService Disable Web Update Service WebUpdate , KBA , disablewebupdateservice , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2