Adapted field with the calculation rule does not show any data on the Product/Material UI.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Show All Products and Find ABC (ABC represents the ID of the product).
- Open the product ABC.
- Go to the Adaptation Mode -> Edit Screen.
- Add a extension field XYZ where you indent to copy the data of a standard field like Country of Origin (XYZ represents the name of the adapted field).
- Maintain the field type is Text and the calculation rule as Country of Origin (SFA000AE_0002CountryOfOrigin).
- Save & Publish the changes and come out of the adaptation mode.
- The adapted field on the UI is blank.
Calculation fields only work when the product data is modified. Otherwise calculation field is not filled.
Or in other words, calculation fields only work when the operators are changed (in this case when the original standard field is changed), otherwise calculation field is not filled.
Especially for already existing instances the newly created calculation field is not filled automatically. This is the designed behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To