Error occurs while saving the customer invoice for a particular customer/state: Document Numbering Rule Missing for India.
The invoice creation works fine for other customers/state.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the New Manual Invoice under Common Tasks.
- Enter the account ABC and other required details in the manual invoice (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Select the Save button.
- Error occurs Document Numbering Rule Missing for India.
This error is only occurring for the customer account ABC which is in state XYZ of India (XYZ represents name of the state).
The invoice request DEF has a Central Sales Tax and hence the sale type of this is Bill of Sale (DEF represents the ID of the customer invoice request).
However you have not maintained any rule for the Bill of Sale in the Business Configuration activity: Document Numbering Formats for India.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select the activity and choose View button.
- Open the Document Numbering Formats for India.
- Here you can see the parameters you have maintained for the identification of the Document Number Rule.
- Maintain a rule with following details:
- Tax Country (IN)
- Document Type (Invoice)
- Sale Type (Bill of Sale)
- Tax Registration Number
- Validity (Date of invoice should fall between the validity period).
Now you can create and release the invoice without any error.
Note: The explanation provided in the case document is only valid for the country India.
KBA , save not possible; document numbering ru , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To