You have completed the outbound logistics process for a product ID using serial numbers, (a registered product has been created for product in the system already) and have created the outbound delivery for it. Now, while confirming another warehouse task for the same product ID with the same serial number, the system allows to confirm the execution without any issues.
You do not want the system to take the same serial number and do the confirmation for the product which has been shipped already and you want to know how to avoid this.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Task Control view.
- Select the relevant task ID and choose the Confirm button.
- In the opened window, go to the Serial Numbers tab.
- In the Next Serial Number field, enter the serial number ID for example say SN_001 and select Enter button.
- The system updates one quantity value under the Actual Quantity column.
- Choose Save button and close the window.
- Now, open another warehouse task ID for the same product and perform the steps as above.
- Use the same serial number for confirmation, you could see that system adds the quantity value without any issues.
In the current release of SAP Business ByDesign system, it is possible to use the same serial number for the outbound process.
KBA , serial number , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To