You create and save a bank statement. The bank statement has not been posted yet, it is still In Preparation status. Later, you want to change the Statement Date. However, the system does not allow you to change it.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the Bank Statements view, and find the Bank Statement in question which is still In Preparation.
- Select View button to open the bank statement.
- Try to change the Statement Date, however, system doesn't allow you to change it.
The Payment Allocations already exist for the bank statement, such as other incoming payments or outgoing cash outpayment. They can be found in editing the payment items. Therefore the system doesn't allow to change the bank statement to avoid inconsistencies.
In order to change the bank Statement Date, you have the following two option:
1. Delete the payment allocation lines (For example, other incoming payments and outgoing cash outpayment), then change the bank Statement Date. Later, you can add these two deleted Payment allocation lines again and do the further processing for these lines.
2. Delete the bank statement and then recreate a new bank statement to use a new bank statement date.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To