You are using a balance sheet account XYZ to post transitory transactions (e.g.: incurred expenses). In order to clear those positions invoices are created and you want to use the Open Item Management for G/L Accounts. However the invoices do not appear in the list of open items for g/l account XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work Center General Ledger.
- Navigate to view G/L Accounts.
- Select the relevant g/l account XYZ.
- Press Edit Open Items. (The option to edit open items will only by activated for g/l accounts for which the checkbox Open Item Management has been ticked in Fine Tuning / Editing Chart of Accounts).
- In the list of open line items the corresponding invoices are not listed.
This is a system definition. The Open Item Management functionality for g/l accounts is intended only for items relating to the miscellaneous ledger. Transactions which hit the sales ledger (e.g.: invoices) will not be shown here and hence cannot be cleared using the Open Item Management functionality for g/l accounts.
KBA , open item management , invoice , g/l account , clearing , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To