You are using a balance sheet account XYZ (XYZ represents Balance sheet Account ID) to post transitory transactions (e.g.: incurred expenses). In order to clear those positions invoices are created and you want to use the Open Item Management for G/L Accounts. However, the invoices do not appear in the list of open items for G/L account XYZ (XYZ represents Balance sheet Account).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the G/L Accounts view.
- Select the relevant G/L account XYZ(XYZ represents Balance sheet Account).
- Press Edit Open Items. (The option to edit open items will only by activated for G/L accounts for which the checkbox Open Item Management has been ticked in Fine Tuning / Editing Chart of Accounts).
- In the list of open line items the corresponding invoices are not listed.
The Open Item Management functionality for G/L accounts is intended only for items relating to the miscellaneous ledger.
For general payables and receivables, open item management is performed in the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable subledgers. You can therefore only apply open item management to the following account types:
Transactions which hit the sales ledger (Customer Invoice) will not be shown here and, hence, cannot be cleared using the Open Item Management functionality for G/L accounts.
You can only use open item management for line items that are not relevant for sales subledgers. As line items from customer invoices or credit memos are always posted to the Sales subledger, you cannot use open item management for such line items, regardless of whether you have selected the Open Item Management checkbox.
Open item management, Balance sheet accounts, subledger , KBA , invoice , g/l account , open item management , g/l account , open item management , subledger , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To