You create a new Fixed Asset via Supplier Invoice procurement. The fixed asset has a value that is within the low-value asset range that you have maintained in Fine Tuning.
The fixed asset should be marked as Low Value Asset but, instead it is maintained as general fix asset and not as Low Value Asset.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Supplier Invoicing Workcenter navigate to the Common Tasks view and choose for instance New Supplier Invoice without Purchase Order.
- Fill in all the obligatory fields and maintain a value that is between the minimum and maximum amount of the low value asset range in fine tuning.
- In the Items Tab and there in the Cost Distribution tab you select Individual Material as Account Assignment Type.
- Post the Invoice
- Now navigate to the Fixed Assets workcenter and there to the Fixed Assets view
- You find the fixed asset that you have just created but you notice that the fixed asset is not marked as Low Value Asset.
There is no minimum and maximum amount maintained for the accounting principle that is assigned to the set of books that is used for the posting of your supplier invoice.
- In the new Fixed Assset navigate to the Masterdata Tab and here to the Life Cycle Data Tab.
- Here you can see the assigned set of books, for instance HGB.
- Now navigate to the Business Configuration Workcenter and there to the Activity List.
- Open the Integrate and Extend Phase and search for the activity Set of Books.
- Here, you can see that the set of books, ie. HGB is assigned to accounting principle XXXX.
- Now navigate to the Fine Tuning acitivity Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets.
- There are several accounting principles maintained, ie. XXXX and YYYY.
- Now check in the Low Values for both.
- You notice that there is a value range, meaning, a minimum and maximum amount maintained for YYYY but not for XXXX.
- You need to maintain the value range also for the accounting principle XXXX.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To