You create a Purchase Order and the Tax Rate defaults to 0% even though there should be no tax exemption reason. You checked the master data for the Product, the Product Category and the Supplier and there are no exemption reasons maintained.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Mark the relevant purchase order and choose Edit.
- Go to the tab Items and then sub-tab Taxes.
- Tax Rate Type is Zero.
There is a Tax Exemption Reason defined on the Ship-To Account party role for your company.
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center.
- Go to the Business Partner view.
- Find the relevant Business Partner (Ship-To party) and mark it.
- At the bottom, under Business Partner Roles, you will notice the Account role.
- Click on the link and choose View All.
- Go to the tab Financial Data and sub-tab Tax Data.
- Under Tax Exemptions, check for an exemption reason and maintain it if required.
KBA , domestic , vat , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To