You created a purchase order with assigned individual materials. Upon posting the goods and services receipt, you expect the fixed asset to be generated. However no fixed assets are created and the following message is displayed: Fixed asset does not exist.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Goods and Services Receipts.
- Go to the view Receipts and Returns.
- Open the goods receipt.
- Go to the tab Items and then the sub-tab Basic Data.
- For the field Belongs to Fixed Asset, there is only a message: Fixed asset does not exist.
The system could not determine an Asset Class from the combination Item Product Category and Buying Company on Purchase Order. The setting is missing in the Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the view Overview.
- Find the Fine-Tuning Activity Fixed Asset Classes.
- Choose Change Immediately.
- Select Asset Class Determination.
- Choose Add Row.
- Enter the Company ID as per the Buying Company on the purchase order.
- Enter a Product Category ID as per the one on the purchase order item.
- Choose Save and Close.
KBA , imat , creation , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To