You have created Organizational Structure with many Profit Centers, Now, you have a requirement to extend the validity of a Profit Center to Past Date (Changing Valid From date of the Profit Center to a Past date) but when Activating system throws below error message,
Cannot Delete Profit Center XYZ, Postings exist in Financial Accounting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Highlight the Org Unit.
- Go to Timelines tab.
- Extend the Valid To date of the Profit Center attribute to a Past Date.
- Check or Activate the Org Structure
You are not able extend the validity of the Profit Center to a Past date because, there might be some posting exist in the system with the Profit center.
It is not possible to extend the validity of a Profit Center to a past date in a same Time Interval row. So, the Validity of the Profit center should be splitted.
Follow the below steps,
1. Go to Organizational Management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures.
3. Highlight the Org Unit.
4. Go to Timelines tab.
5. Set the Valid From date of the Profit Center attribute to DD.MM.YYYY (This is a date which is in past), Now change the Valid To date as DD.MM.YYYY and select Enter key in the keyboard.
6. Set the Effective From date as DD1.MM1.YYYY1 (This is the actual Valid From date of the Profit center).
7. Highlight the Org Unit.
8. Go to Definitions tab.
9. Mark the Profit Center check box.
10. Check the Org Structure for consistency.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Product Enhancement