When you submit a Sales Order, the output document is not being created in the output history, and therefore it is not received by email or you cannot print it.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Sales Order.
- Fill out the required information.
- Click on Submit and then Release Order.
- Select the Sales Order which was created.
- Click on Edit.
- Click on Submit. The Release Order option is grayed out.
- Click on View All.
- Select Output History tab.
There is no document under output history.
The Sales Order was submitted via Release Order rather than Send Order Confirmation to Account option.
- Release Order: It releases the Sales Order. The status of the Sales Order changes from In Preparation to Open. The order becomes active for supply planning and outbound logistics control and project invoicing. By performing this action a document is not created in the output history.
- Send Order Confirmation to Account: It submits the Sales Order confirmation depending on your output settings, such as sending an e-mail or fax to the account, or the order is sent to the printer, and releases the order if it has not yet been released. By performing this action a document is created in the output history.
Submit the Sales Order via Send Order Confirmation to Account option.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To