In a payment allocation you attempt to allocate a transaction to a customer project task. When you try and post the allocation you are presented with the error message:
"For customer projects, a project-based sales order item has to be entered".
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Payment Management.
- Enter the view Payment Allocation.
- Select the relevant Payment Allocation.
- Under the tab Other Allocation choose a Payer/Payee.
- In the transaction grid you input the relevant parameters (e.g.: G/L Account) and the respective Project Task.
- Press Post.
In order to facilitate an unambiguous allocation from a cost and revenue perspective it is mandatory to also provide a specific sales order item in addition to the chosen customer project task.
- Drag the Sales Order Item column into the transaction grid of the payment allocation.
- Go via Personalize / This Screen / Untitled Table. Here you can activate the column Sales Order and Sales Order Item for this screen.
- In the value help of Sales Order Item choose a valid sales order position.
- Post the payment allocation.
KBA , payment allocation , customer project , project-based sales order item , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To