In a payment allocation you attempt to allocate a transaction to a customer project task. When you try to post the allocation you are presented with the error message:
"For customer projects, a project-based sales order item has to be entered".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Allocation view.
- Select the relevant Payment Allocation.
- Click Allocation to G/L Account tab.
- In the transaction grid, enter respective G/L Account and Project Task.
- Click Post.
- Error message is displayed: For customer projects, a project-based sales order item has to be entered.
To facilitate an unambiguous allocation from a cost and revenue perspective it is mandatory to also provide a specific sales order item in addition to the chosen customer project task.
The Sales Order Item field is not available in the default view. You should make it visible by following the steps below:
- On top of the screen, right-hand side, click the avatar icon and click Start Personalization Mode.
- Find the UI Element for the transaction grid by hovering the mouse over the UI Elements. Expand the UI Element.
- Mark the Visible checkbox for Sales Order Item.
- Click Save.
- Click the avatar icon again and click Stop Personalization Mode.
- In the value help of Sales Order Item choose a valid sales order item.
- Post the payment allocation.
payment allocation; personalization mode; project task; sales order item; , KBA , payment allocation , customer project , project-based sales order item , payment allocation , personalization mode , project task , sales order item , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To