When creating new fixed asset, it's not possible to save it. Also there is no Fixed Asset Class to select.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Choose New Fixed Asset under Common Tasks.
- In the New Fixed Asset screen, enter Fixed Asset Description and Inventory ID.
- Specify Company.
- You can see the Fixed Asset Class drop-down list is empty.
- Then you delete the Company first, and it's possible to select the Fixed Asset Class, after that, move on to select Company.
- But this time, the system does not allow you to save the fixed asset.
The Fixed Asset Class on the Fixed Asset creation screen is based on the valuation views assigned in the Fixed Asset Classes fine-tune activity. All valuation views assigned to all set of books of the company for which you want to create a new fixed asset need to be assigned here.
In your case one or more valuation views are missing.
It is also possible that the listed valuation views are not active.
In order to fix the issue, and successfully create the fixed asset, follow the steps below:
First check the valuation views assigned to the set of books of the company that you want to create a fixed asset for.
If the company uses more than one set of books you need to assign all valuation views of all set of books:
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Implementation projects view and open the Activity List.
- Open the Integrate and Extend phase and open the activity Set of Books.
- Select the set of books that is assigned to the company and click Edit
- In the Fixed Asset Settings tab you can find the assigned valuation views.
- Here you can also see if the valuation views are active.
- Again, if a company uses more than one set of books you need to check the valuation views settings of all assigned set of books.
Once you found all the assigned valuation views and verified that they are active maintain them for your fixed asset class that you want to use when creating a new fixed asset:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, and select Implementation Projects.
- Select the project in question, and choose Open Activity List.
- Go to the Fine-Tune step, and select Fixed Asset Classes activity.
- Choose Edit fixed asset classes.
- Select the fixed asset class, and navigate to the Default Valuation Settings.
- Add a row, enter the activated and G/L relevant valuation view (the views that are assigned to the set of books of the company), and maintain the other necessary data.
- Save and Close.
You are now able to select the Fixed Asset Class drop-down list when creating new fixed assets.
KBA , #### , save fixed asset , activate fixed asset class , fixed asset class not available , fixed asset class missing , ###### , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To