- No input values and output values appear for SAP NetWeaver BW connection in Data Manager of Dashboards Design if SAP BW is configured with SSL.
- Error #2032 error when refreshing Web services using https
- Unable to get list of universes in query browser when accesssing the BOE server configured with SSL.
- If you run Fiddler in the background then the workflow is successful.
- Dashboards 4.0 Support Package 04
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.3
- Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.4
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Dashboards Design
- Go to Data menu and select Connections
- Add SAP NetWeaver BW connection
- Click on Browse button and login to BW system
- Select BEx query
- Launch Dashboard Designer
- Go to Query browser and click on 'Add query'
- In the authentication window, enter the details of a BI4 server configured with SSL
- Click 'Next'
- Error: "Failed to connect to the BI platform. If this error keeps occurring then refer to SAP Note 1668437 for troubleshooting"
- This issue occurs if SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is implemented on servers and SSL certificate is missing on client machine.
- Deploying SSL certificate on client machine resolves the issue:
N.B: if using web services with https, ensure to re-import the web services url in data manager
What is SSL (Secure Sockets Layer protocol)?
- SSL protocol ensures secure transactions between servers and browsers/client tools.
- This protocol uses a third party, a Certificate Authority (CA), to identify one end or both end of the transactions.
- SSL Certificates are deployed on both server side and client side.
When Fiddler is running in the background, it works fine since Fiddler is installing a dummy certificate onto the client machine. (For more information, refer to http://www.enhanceie.com/fiddler/help/httpsdecryption.asp )
2032, https, ssl, cannot access external data universes query browser add query , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Problem