You want to update your project scope, but you are unable to select or deselect one or more scoping questions.
- SAP Business ByDesign, all its versions.
- SAP Cloud for Customer, all its versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Click on Edit Project Scope.
- Proceed to the Questions step.
- Find the relevant question.
- The checkbox is disabled.
There are three main reasons as to why it is not possible to edit a specific scoping question:
- The project's status is not Started;
- The question is marked as Protected under tab Dependency;
- There is a dependency of other elements on tab Dependency.
For each of the causes mentioned above, find the respective solution below:
- Project's scope is only editable when the status is Started. If this is not the case, please create a change project;
- Protected questions become unchangeable after the project's go-live. They are designed this way to avoid inconsistencies;
- Some elements may automatically cause the selection or deselection of others. Please check the elements mentioned in the Dependency tab and check for the possibility of selecting or deselecting them.
Scoping question, Cannot edit, Protected, Change Project , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To