When you try to Check or Activate an Org Structure, system throws below error message:
DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1; org unit XYZ has one or more functions assigned. Because of this, the org unit must be below a cost center. Flag this org unit or any org unit above it in the structure as a cost center.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Check or Activate the Org Structure.
In an Org Structure, if you assign any org unit to at least one function then it is mandatory to have either that org unit or its higher level as a Cost Center. if it is not maintained, then the above error message is raised.
To resolve the issue, follow the below steps:
1. Go to Organizational Management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures.
3. Set the Effective from date as DD.MM.YYYY (this date should be equal to the Valid From date of the Function) and select Go button.
4. Highlight the Org unit XYZ and go to Definitions tab.
5. Check the Cost Center check box.
6. Now, set the Effective From date as today's date.
7. Select Check All button.
Now, you are able to activate the Org Structure without any issues.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement