Failed to open the connection. Details SQL Exception: [SQL State:] 08001 - No suitable driver
Reproducing the Issue
The error occurs while performing the following Steps:
- Create a new report using Crystal Reports 2008
- Click on database expert and select data source as JDBC(JNDI).
- Select on JDBC Connection option and fill in the details like Connection URL , Database Class name and click on Next
- Enter the Username and Password.
- Database are not seen in the dropdown and when clicked on finished button the above mention error is seen.
This error might occur due to incorrect Connection URL or Database Classname
Enter correct Connection URL and Database Class name as follows :
The old connection URL is as follows which might not work
Old Connection URL - jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<Server Name>:<Port number> (Incorrect URL)
- Connection URL - jdbc:sqlserver://<Server Name>:<Port number> (Correct URL and default port number : 1433)
- Database Class name - com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver (Correct class name).
The attach document which explains how to configure Classpath in CRConfig .xml file
crystal reports 2008 crystal report JDBC connectivity CRConfig.xml cr4e cr java , KBA , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem