- Teradata Query Banding not working.
- In Crystal Reports, when reporting off a Universe based off Teradata, the query banding information is not passed to database.
- When creating a Web Intelligence document off the same Universe, the query banding information is passed to Teradata.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Universe Designer, create a connection to a Teradata data source.
- Set the BEGIN_SQL parameter in the Universe for the query banding. ( SET QUERY_BAND )
- Save and export the Universe to the BusinessObjects Enterprise repository.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the Universe.
Notice the query banding information is not passed to the Teradata data source.
- The reason Query Banding setting is not sent to Crystal Reports, it's because Crystal Reports does not support Query Banding.
- Teradata Query Banding can be implemented in a Universe, which is supported in Web Intelligence, but not in Crystal Reports.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016