Although you checked the current balance of the bank account under Liquidity Management / Bank Statements, you retrieve the system message 'Insufficient money on bank account XYZ' when attempting to post an outgoing bank transfer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go go work center Payment Management.
- Under Common Tasks choose New Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- For bank account XYZ enter a debit amount which does not exceed the balance as shown as closing balance in the last entered bank statement for this account.
- Upon posting you retrieve the message: 'Insufficient money on bank account XYZ'.
Per default a liquidity check is applied when trying to post outgoing payments others than tax payments and cash transfers.
The system adds the transaction amount to the confirmed balance and the planned liquidity of of bank account XYZ and checks this against the Overdraft Limit as defined in the bank account editor. Hence possible reasons leading to a message indicating insufficient liquidity on bank account XYZ are:
- When entering a new outgoing bank transfer the checkbox Liquidity/Allocation not Required is left blank. This activates the liquidity check as described above.
- There are relevant payments recorded which are not confirmed yet. In the Payment Monitor such payments would be in status Ready For Transfer or In Transfer. Those are entering the liquidity status of a bank account according to their document date.
- The applied Overdraft Limit does not allow for any more outgoing payments considering the current liquidity status as defined above.
Depending on the applicable reason you would have to take the following action:
- In case you do not want a liquidity check to be applied for an outgoing bank transfers you have to tick the check box Liquidity/Allocation not Required in the document form.
- Consider the liquidity status of bank account XYZ on a particular day also including all relevant payments which are not confirmed yet. You can do that in the Payment Monitor in work center Payment Management or Liquidity Management.
- Revise the applied Overdraft Limit for bank account XYZ as defined in the bank account editor taking into account the current liquidity status as defined above.
KBA , bank transfer , outgoing payment , liquidity check , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To