You are not able to release the customer demand due to error message: Release order not possible,Sale order ABC Item XYZ Blocked.
Note: ABC represents the ID of the sales order and XYZ represents the ID of the line item of the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Go to the Customer Demand view.
- Find the Customer Demand ABC (ABC represents the ID of the sales order for which customer demand has been created).
- Select the Release button.
- An error appears:Release of order not possible,Sales Order ABC item XYZ blocked (ABC and XYZ represents the ID of the sales order and item respectively).
The credit card information is not maintained for the account for which sales order has been created.
Hence the authorization of the credit card maintained in the sales order cannot be triggered, which results in the delivery block of the item.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Find the Account DEF (DEF represents the ID of the account).
- Select the Edit button and then choose View All button.
- Go to the Financial Data tab and select the Payment Data subtab.
- In Payment Methods heading, select the Add Row button and choose payment method as Credit Card.
- Go to the Bank Data subtab.
- Select the Assign button under Credit Cards heading and maintain the credit card information.
- Save the account.
KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , How To