- SAP HANA connection is not available in Analysis OLAP
- cannot create analysis workspace from HANA
- SAP BusinessObjects WebIntelligence BI4.0 BELOW Service Pack 04 (SP04)
- SAP BusinessObjects WebIntelligence Desktop BI4.0 (SP04)
- BEx queries accessed via BICS OLAP connection
- SAP BW 7.0 EHP1 SP5 and above
Reproducing the Issue
- create a relational connection to HANA
- open OLAP Analysis
OLAP Analysis accesses OLAP sources via OLAP type connections. This is normal that relational connections in Analysis OLAP are not accessible. HANA is treated as a relational DB and a relational connection in IDT is needed to access it (JDBC or ODBC).
So when creating a relational connection to HANA below BI4 SP2, the connection is not available from Analysis OLAP.
Upgrade to SP4 for BI4. From SP4 you can create a OLAP type connection to HANA from within the CMC (there is the ability to choose SAP HANA as a provider). This connection will then be accessible in Analysis OLAP.
Cannot create analysis workspace from HANA, SAP HANA connection is not available in Analysis OLAP, Advanced Analysis Web edition, HANA , KBA , BI-RA , Reporting, analysis, and dashboards , BI-BIP , Business intelligence platform , How To