You are experiencing that numbering sequence of created Supplier Invoices is not sequential & you would like to configure the format of newly created Supplier Invoices in sequence.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- In the Show dropdown, select All Documents.
- In the list, the Document IDs are not in sequence.
The cause for the gaps in the Supplier Invoice Document numbers is due to the missing Document Numbering Formats in the Business Configuration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project and press Open Activity List.
- Select the Fine-Tune phase, then select the activity Document Numbering Formats for Supplier Invoicing.
- In the Document Numbering Formats for All Countries no values are defined.
- Press the button Insert Row.
- Enter the Company ID, Select the Document Type as Supplier Invoice & select Prefix Value as per your choice.
- Save the changes.
Once you defined the Numbering Format, the sequence of newly created Supplier Invoices will always be sequential (no gaps).
Supplier invoice Number range object works on Company and Document type combination .
If Customer has maintained same company and document type combination multiple times expecting it to pick different prefix values which
will not work ,however ,it will pick up the first company and document type that matches and gener
ate a number for that .
It is a rule engine and system will use company ID and document type to pick the prefix , number range object etc.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To