How to set-up the inclusion of the external sales order reference number in a Customer Invoice Request.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Show All and Find ABC (ABC represents the ID of the invoice request).
- Edit the invoice request and select the View All button.
- You cannot see the external reference sales order linked to this invoice request.
- Select the Invoice button to create customer invoice out of invoice request ABC.
- The external reference sales order is also not available in the customer invoice.
You have not configured the external reference number for the customer invoice.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for configuration elements containing External reference.
- Select the External Reference Number Determination for Customer Invoice.
- Select the button showing an arrow pointing down in order to add this configuration element to the shortlist.
- Select the Add to Change Project button.
- Provide a Title for your change project and a description.
- Select the Finish button.
- In your newly created change project, select Open Activity List to Implement Changes.
- Select the activity External Reference Number Determination for Customer Invoice.
- For the various document types, select the Copied from Predecessor Reference ID as a Determination Method.
- Select the Save and Close button.
- Change the status of the first activity to Closed.
- Select Merge Changes with Production System.
- Select Start Merge and confirm the popup window by selecting Continue.
- The merge will take a couple of minute,s and the status will be In Process.
- After a while the status will change to Completed.
- Select Close Project.
With the above steps you have configured the External Reference Number in customer invoice.
Note: The external reference number is also a split criteria for the invoices.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To