You try to reverse a bank statement because the transaction confirmed in this bank statement is not desired, but the system gives the error message: 'Reverse not possible. There is at least one bank statement with a later date that has been already posted or uploaded and ready to be posted manually.'
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Select the Bank Statements view.
- Select the Bank Statement you want to reverse.
- Choose Reverse under Actions.
The system shows the error message: Reverse not possible. There is at least one bank statement with a later date that has been already posted or uploaded and ready to be posted manually.
You can only reverse the very latest bank statement, as long as there are follow up bank statements, it's then not possible to reverse the bank statement, because it will affect the opening balances for all the follow up bank statements.
- In order to successfully reverse the bank statement, you should reverse all the follow up bank statements for the same bank account starting from the latest one.
- If you do not want to reverse all the follow up bank statements, you may consider creating new incoming or outgoing payments to balance the transactions in the bank statement to be reversed. For example, you confirm an outgoing bank transfer to a supplier in the bank statement to be reversed, now you can create an incoming bank transfer from the supplier, and confirm it in the new bank statement, in this way, the transactions are balanced, and you don't have to reverse all those follow up bank statements. Of course, outside of the Business ByDesign system, you should make sure the money is received from the supplier involved.
KBA , reverse bank statement , how to , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To