A dashboard based off of XML Data connection(s) does not display changed data.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an xml file that will be used as the data source for a dashboard.
- Publish the xml file to a web server.
- Create a dashboard and add an XML Data source.
- Name the connection.
- Point the XML Data URL to a cell within the spreadsheet area. (Optionally, enter the URL for the xml file in the allotted area.)
- Set the MIME Tpe to text/xml
- Click on the Enable Load checkbox.
- Click the (+) sign in the enable load area.
- Enter the Name of the xml Variable to be used.
- Point the Range to a block of cells in the spreadsheet area.
- Click on the usage tab and set refresh conditions.
- Close the Data Manager.
- Enter the URL of the xml file into the cell area pointed to in the Data Manager.
- Add a component to display the xml data. (Spreadsheet Table etc)
- Point the data display to the cells holding the xml data.
- Preview dashboard.
- Make a change to the xml data on the web server.
- Note change is not reflected in dashboard.
The xml data is cached and is not showing the newer xml.
- Open a browser window and navigate to the xml data url. The data may not reflect the new data.
- Click on the browser refresh button.
- Note the new data is displayed.
Note: This is a browser issue and unrelated to the product.
- In Internet Explorer, open the Internet Options.
- On the General Tab, click on the settings button listed in the Browsing History area.
- Place a check mark next to the statement "Check for newer versions of stored pages Every time I visit the web page".
- Reopen the dashboard swf file and note changes are reflected.
Optionally, in a web page containing an embedded swf file a Meta tag can be added at the head of the page to force the browser to not use the cache.
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">
Xcelsius, Dashboard, XML Data, refresh, XML , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem