Sales order is in status In Process but you expect it to be in status Completed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open sales order ABC (ABC represents the sales order number).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Select line item XX (XX represents the line item number).
- Line item XX is linked to project XYZ (XYZ represents the number of the project).
- The Invoice Status for the line item is in status Finished and all invoicing has been completed for this sales order.
Therefore you would expect the sales order ABC to be in status Completed but the status is In Process.
Sales order Item tab has two important statuses:
Delivery Status and Invoice Status.
A sales order can be only in status Completed if both statuses are set to Finished. The Invoice Status is set to finished when all invoicing for the sales order has been completed. The Delivery Status in project based Invoicing can be set to finish when the project is completed.
The behaviour to change the status in a sales order on changing the project's status has been implemented in the current release.
In order to complete the sales order ABC you need to change the delivery status of the sales order to finished by changing status of the project to Complete or to Complete and Close.
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Select the Projects view.
- Open project XYZ via the Edit -> Project Plan button.
- Select the Basic Data sub tab.
- In the Project Status field select the Complete or Complete and Close option.
If the invoice status is not already finished you can finish the invoice status of the sales order as follows:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Project Invoicing view.
- Select the Sales Orders sub view.
- Select sales order ABC.
- Press the Change Status button and select the Finish Invoicing button.
The Status of the related sales order ABC will now change to Completed.
KBA , ### , #### , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To