When you invoice a purchase order, a negative Subtotal is derived. The calculated Gross Amount is negative and the balance is not equal to zero.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Entry view.
- Select the purchase order and choose New Invoice.
- Fill in the fields Quantity, Net Price, Price Unit, Total Gross Amount, etc...
- Negative Amounts come up and the Balance is not equal to zero.
This is the desired behavior. The purchase order has already been invoiced for a value/quantity greater than the ordered one. So a credit memo item is defaulted. In the Basic View, the field Item Type is not displayed by default.
You can change the item type from Credit Memo to Invoice, the following way:
- Choose View All on the top right corner.
- Go to the tab Items.
- Choose Add Row.
- Enter an invoice item with the same values as the credit memo item.
- Remove the row for the credit memo item.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To