- File name blank.
- When saving an existing report by selecting "Save as...", the file name is empty.
- In Crystal Reports, when saving an existing report using: "Save as…" it does not pre-populate the name with the current report name.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report off any data source.
- Save the report to BusinessObjects Enterprise repository. For example, save the report under the name: MyReport.
- Close and re-open Crystal Reports.
- In Crystal Reports, open the report just saved to the BusinessObjects Enterprise repository.
- Save the report to BusinessObjects Enterpise under a different name using: "Save As…"
- Under the menu "File", select "Save As…"
- In the "Save As" window, notice the File name is not pre-populated by the current report name. In this example, we expected to see the report name: MyReport to appear for the file name but it is blank.
- This is a known issue that have been tracked under ADAPT01653265.
- Note that the issue seems to be related to the operating system used in combination to the version of Crystal Reports.
- For Crystal Reports 2008, the issue is resolved in Service Pack 6.
- For Crystal Reports 2011, the issue is planned to be resolved in the next minor release.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1