- Renaming the windows machine name and trying to connect to CMC and Server Intelligent Agent in CMS fails, also gives the old hostname in CMC.
- The connection server shows the old server name and could not able to login.
- After renaming the hostname, the connection server shows the old server name and unable to open CMC.
- SAP Crystal Report Server 2008 V1 SP3
- Is unknown at this point of time and still under investigation.
***WARNING***:The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to KBA 1323322 for more information.
- Go to Start --> Run --> Regedit and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE navigated to software --> Business Objects --> suite 12.0 --> instances and delete the old hostname entries.
- For the changes to get effected, reboot the server.
- Add the new hostname to the hosts file from drivers/etc/hosts.
- Go to CCM, then create a new Server Intelligence Agent(SIA) with new hostname and the same port number.
- Once the SIA is created, find that CMC and all the other servers will show up with new Hostname name.
hostname change , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , Problem