When you try to check or activate the Org Unit XYZ, system throws below error message
Only one default for usage BILL_TO permitted for org. centre XYZ (Org Unit name) from DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1
Only one default address permitted for org. centre XYZ (Org Unit name) from DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Highlight the Org Unit XYZ.
- Select Check or Activate.
The cause for the error message is, Bill-To Address and Main Address have two addresses maintained from DD.MM.YYYY to Unlimited. i.e., for a particular period of time 2 addresses were maintained, which actually results in overlapping.
This can be verified in Timelines tab of XYZ in Planning Area.
To resolve the issue,
1. Go to Organizational management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
3. Highlight the Org Unit XYZ
4. Go to Timelines tab.
5. Change the Valid To date a for both Bill- To and main address to a date which doesn't overlap.
6. Check the consistency of the Org Unit.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement