Upon uploading an automatic bank statement no automatic clearings are created.
Although you defined matching rules for External Transaction Codes and Payment Methods in 'Business Configuration / Automatically Generated Bank Statements / Edit import formats for automatic generated bank statements' -Post processing is needed for all transactions lines contained in the affected bank statement.
In the Bank Statement all receivable/payable-transactions are referenced in the respective memo lines.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Work Center: Liquidity Management.
- Navigate to the uploaded bank statement via Bank Statements.
- Go to the column Postprocessing and follow the link Required.
- You access the created payment allocation.
Every bank statement transactions consists of a block describing the values of this transaction.
Following this a block is usually reserved for memo lines describing other specifics of this transaction, e.g.: Business Partner, external Document ID of payable/receivable item, note to payee etc..
There are no (or only insufficiently effective) rules set-up to analyze bank statement memo lines. These are crucial for an automatic clearing of open receivables/payables item. By setting up rules for analyzing memo lines the system should be enabled to automatically clear open items at a sufficient rate.
- Go to Work Center Business Configuration.
- Open the activity Global Settings for Payment.
- Here you find the option Create and edit rules for analyzing memo lines. (These are is also directly accessible from the payment allocation in status 'In Preparation' resulting from an automatic bank statement.)
- Based on the Rule Type (e.g.: Open Receivable Document ID) you can define rules to filter candidate documents for clearing based on the business needs of a company.
KBA , bank statement , rules for analyzing memo lines , clearing , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To