The Project Task Object Value Selector (OVS), from the Purchase Orders Item Details, shows different content depending if the item is copied or added as new.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
2. Select the Purchase Orders view.
3. Search for a specific Purchase Order.
4. Select the Items tab.
5. Select line Item 1.
6. Click on Copy.
7. With the copied line item selected, go to the Account Assignment tab.
8. On the Project Task field, click on the selection button (Value help).
9. Verify how many tasks appear on the list.
10. Repeat the same steps above but without copying the line item. For example, by adding a new item (Add row).
11. You can see that now the Project Tasks list shows more records.
The system behavior is as designed.
This system behavior is as designed. In fact, the reason why you see less project tasks from the list, when copying an item, is as following:
We filter the Project Task list in Purchase Order based on three parameters.
2. Customer ID.
3. Project Type Code.
In this case, the copied items have a customer Id filled. Hence the list of the project tasks contains less records.
The Items Copy option will copy all the References, such as delivery address, party details, BTD References, etc.
For this reason you may see the list of project tasks which is the same as the item you have copied.
If you manually create a new item from scratch (add row) the above parameters are not filled and you'll be able to see the full list containing the project tasks.
Note: You may be able to see the copied Customer ID, for a copied item, from the Delivery tab under item details.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To