When you try to activate a Organizational Structure, system throws below error message
Sales properties of () should be changed in future only. When the sales properties are changed in the past, reporting related to Sales may become inconsistent
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Highlight the Org Structure.
- Select Activate button and choose Activate All.
Note: You had unchecked the Sales Properties in the Org Unit XYZ in a past date and assigned Sales Property to another Org Unit ABC.
The cause for the error message is might be because below reasons,
- You are try to delimit the sales Properties of any Sales Organization, Sales Unit or Service organization to a Past date.
- You are try to delimit the sales Properties of any Sales Organization, Sales Unit or Service organization to a Present date itself.
The system works as designed.
Sales Properties of any Org Unit should be delimited only on a future date but not on past date/present date. The system doesn't allow because, that will end up in inconsistent Sales Document.
So, you can delimit the Sales Property of an Org Unit to a future date.
To resolve the issue, you should delimit the validity of the Sales Organization function of XYZ to a future date and then assign the Sales Organization back to ABC.
1. Go to Organizational Management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures.
3. Set the Effective from date as DD.MM.YYYY (the date when the XYZ was unassigned as Sales Organization and made Org Unit ABC as Sales Organization).
4. Highlight the Org unit ABC.
5. Go to Functions tab.
6. Uncheck Sales Organization function.
7. Highlight the Org Unit XYZ.
8. Go to Timelines tab.
9. Change the Valid To of the Sales Organization and Sales to DD1.MM1.YYYY1 (This date should be at least tomorrow's date if you are delimiting the validity today)
10. Set the effective from date as DD2.MM2.YYYY2 (This date should be at least next day of DD1.MM1.YYYY1)
11. Highlight the Org unit ABC.
12. Go to Functions tab.
13. Check Sales Organization function.
14. Select Check and choose Check all.
Now, you can able to activate the Org Structure.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To