Tax determination in the credit memo is not the expected one, the tax determination is considering the outbound delivery date instead of return.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Inbound Delivery Notifications view.
- Open Customer Return Delivery Notification XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Inbound Delivery Notification).
- The Actual Delivery Date is XX.YY.ZZ (XX.YY.ZZ is the date of return).
- You expect this to be the Tax Date of the Credit Memo ABC (ABC represents the ID of the credit memo).
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoicing Documents view.
- Choose Show All Invoicing Documents and Find ABC (ABC represents the ID of the credit memo).
- Edit the credit memo ABC and go to the Items tab.
- Select the line item and select the Taxes subtab.
- The tax calculated is showing Outbound Delivery Date instead of Actual Delivery Date of the return.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign as per legal requirements for return tax calculation.
If your return scenario deviates from the standard returns then the possible solution is to do enhancement in your return processing via service center.
You can send your request to service center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To